Donate to bring our son home!

Please click here to DONATE to help us raise funds to help the Olsson family bring their daughter home from Ethiopia:

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pray until the Answer comes

That was the title of our one minute devotion today.

I should first say that I am not someone who reads the gospel on a daily basis or on a monthly basis for that matter, but my mother-in-law gave my husband a book called "The power of Prayer" for his birthday last night and I can't put it down. I don't know if it's because right now I feel as though I can do nothing but pray or if it's because I've always secretly wanted to know HOW to pray. Either way I feel compelled to read each page and to do what it says...I want my child home and I feel like this book was given to us to help me through this waiting period.

When I opened it up to today's devotional I couldn't help but laugh at the title because I have been questioning whether my prayers were going to be answered or not. We are four weeks and counting past our court date and still have not "passed." It is getting harder everyday to keep the faith, but I am reading these devotions in hopes that I will find the strength I need to continue.

While we did not get news of court today I did get an email that was much needed. Our friend Rachel's, whom we met in Ethiopia (Evi's mom), mother sent me a very sweet and loving message. Reading her words brought tears to my eyes...her email came at a time for me when I was doubting the meaning of this journey. She, Kathy, reminded me just why we chose to go down roads less traveled. We meet people along these roads that change our lives. We meet people that we never knew existed before and we are better for it. Rachel, Joel and Kathy are amazing people and I am so glad to have met them. We now have family in Wisconsin and I couldn't be happier about that.


(Evi, Rachel and her father Joel)

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad to have our paths crossed with yours. Too bad for you now - you are stuck with us as part of your Ethiopian-American family for life. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete