Donate to bring our son home!

Please click here to DONATE to help us raise funds to help the Olsson family bring their daughter home from Ethiopia:

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Travel day 8 and 9

6:20/6:21

We did not pass court today. Our MOWA letter was not present and we are needing another document in order to pass. Very frustrating and sad to us. We spent most of the day in a bad fog and felt very upset about spending one of our last days with our daughter in this mood. The lawyer tried to persuade us that these documents would be easy to get but we knew better...too many late nights on yahoo groups to get that past us lol! The foster home did not allow visitors until a while after we got out of court so we went to eat lunch first. We went to Island Breeze again and yet again did not feel the breeze. lol. Once lunch was over we got to go see our sweet little girl who was still having some trouble teething..poor thing. (on a side note- our friend Rachel passed court and is now the legal parent of her beautiful Evi!!!! We are so glad for her!!!!)

Last day-Today is our last day with our daughter. I hate even writing those words. I have been sick today and just want to throw up! Not fun on the last day you get to hold your daughter for God knows how long, sigh. Grrrr...today has been terrible! Although it seemed as though being sick kept me from realizing that today was our last day. So that's a plus- I guess...

I said goodbye to my daughter today. I cried in my husbands arms and he cried with me. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do! I became so upset that the illness that had overtaken me reared its ugly head. I got sick right there in the foster home; thankfully I made it to the bathroom just in time. After what seemed like an eternity we all loaded up in Joni's car and drove away. I felt surrounded by love as I looked around and noticed that no one else in the car had a dry eye. It was a very safe place to cry and share our pain. I made friends for life in that car ride. I made friends for life in Ethiopia. I will never forget one second of our trip. It was the trip of a lifetime and I do have to say that I have one gorgeous daughter!!! God bless Ethiopia!



Rachel and Evi, Joel (Rachel's father) and April and Micah.



Joni, Michael, Shaun and April and Me.


Michael and A.J.



Coffee ceremony on the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment