Donate to bring our son home!

Please click here to DONATE to help us raise funds to help the Olsson family bring their daughter home from Ethiopia:

Friday, October 22, 2010

Ticking Time and Passing Days (Daddy Edition)

I hate waiting. I hate waiting for anything and everything. Megan has asked me over and over again to add my feelings to this blog. Never have these feelings been greater than during this time of waiting.

Today I logged into our Yahoo!Groups account for Adoption Avenues families. While I feel so much for and about this adoption process, putting these feelings into words is not always the easiest for me. That was until today. When perusing the Yahoo!Groups page, I came across a database of all of the families who are members of the Yahoo!Group. This database was incredible! It showed where the families were, when their dossier made it to DC, when the dossier made it to Ethiopia, etc. It was so refreshing to have some hard data to compare our journey against. To date, all that we have had is my good friend Jenna to bounce questions off of and to compare against. I immediately printed this database so we now have data to compare against. Megan will find it so funny to know that I found my emotions through the comparison data (guess that dissertation work has infected my brain so deeply that I only seem to respond to factual data at this point).

Let me say this: I absolutely cannot wait to see our daughter. I absolutely cannot wait for the referral email. I absolutely cannot wait to make our trips to that foreign country and to meet all those wonderful people who are either currently loving or will be loving the child who will come to be our daughter.

Let me also say this: I worry about numerous things because of this journey (money, time, what she will ask us when she starts talking, how to discipline her when she is teenager, etc.). None of these things detract me from the desire to get her home. I'm so glad that Megan and I WILL be parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment