Donate to bring our son home!

Please click here to DONATE to help us raise funds to help the Olsson family bring their daughter home from Ethiopia:

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Holy Ground



A few quick notes about our recent trip to Ethiopia...

Exodus 3:5 has God telling Moses, "Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground." Every single day we took off our sandals to go into the upstairs rooms of the foster home to collect our beautiful daughter and to love on the other babies there. Every single day we took off our sandals to enter the visiting room off of the court yard to play with our beautiful daughter and the other children. These were truly places of holy ground. This passage was shared this morning in church and I was shaken to the core as I realized the sacredness of the places we had recently spent time; God is truly working wonders in his holy way for the children that we placed eyes upon.

One other thing has continued to shake me since we traveled to Ethiopia: I saw the face of God and the love of Jesus Christ in a man named Yohannes Mulugeta who we called Joni. Joni changed me. I want people to see me in the same way that I saw Joni. Joni was a very loving man and our trip would not have been the same without him.

Lastly, I will count the days until I get to hold my daughter again. I love her more than I have ever loved anything. Anything. Leaving her on that last day was the most difficult thing I have ever had to do and I hope to never have to endure that again (albeit I know that I will endure this pain as a parent many times in AJ's life).

No comments:

Post a Comment