Donate to bring our son home!

Please click here to DONATE to help us raise funds to help the Olsson family bring their daughter home from Ethiopia:

Monday, August 9, 2010

Ah-got

Well today I went to get the mail and in it was one of the shirts we had ordered for my brother. We are planning on telling our family soon and giving them shirts that have Amharic written on them. The one we recieved today has the word for uncle written in Amharic on it. I've been very emotional throughout the process thus far, but I never expected to feel so strongly about this one shirt. Today looking at this shirt I realized this will change my relationship with my brother and that amazed me. My brother and I had been close as kids, but as we grew up and became teenagers we grew apart. Now that I am married and he is in college four hours away, our relationship has grown and in the positive direction. Looking at this shirt made me cry. My brother has no idea that he is going to become an uncle ( if all goes to plan, knock on wood). I just can't believe that he will become an Ah-got ( uncle). He will forever be a part of our daughters life and I cannot wait to tell him. I know he will be excited, eventhough he is only 19 he will be great with her. If my brother ever reads this I want him to know how much I love him and how glad I am that he will be my daughters Ah-got.
(p.s I read Michael's post and am glad to see hear that he is excited, I know he will be a great daddy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment