Donate to bring our son home!

Please click here to DONATE to help us raise funds to help the Olsson family bring their daughter home from Ethiopia:

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Starting back up...it's about time!

Well I haven't written in a while and I felt it was time to post because we finally are one step closer to holding our daughter. We got the first draft of our homestudy in and there were very few corrections that had to be made, so hopefully it won't be long before our agency approves it! It seems like it's been months since we had our last homestudy meeting and the wait for the draft seemed endless. At several points from the last meeting til now I had kind of become lost in the process and began to feel a lot of distance with the adoption and it felt strange thinking I could have a daughter in Ethiopia. However, this past weekend we had our friend's 18 month old for two days and it made all the feelings come back to me. I watched my husband turn from a man into a father. Eventhough this little girl was not his he treated her like she was, he held her in the pool, played with her and made her laugh. It was amazing to think one day I will have that. I cannot stop thinking about our daughter and if she's been born or if she's still inside of her mother's tummy...does she have dark skin or is her skin a mocha color...is she being well taken care of? I cannot wait to hold her for the first time and to watch her grow and learn to say mommy and daddy....one step closer to my daughter....one step closer to going from a couple to a family...one step closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment